kept responders busy since Friday.
Deming Fire Chief Edgar Davalos said they were notified of the first house fire, at 1110 Allen Street, at just after 11 a.m. Friday.
Davalos said it appeared the fire was started by a space heater in a Jacuzzi room which was possibly knocked over by a pet.
The majority of the burn loss was in the kitchen and Jacuzzi room, but Davalos said the house was considered a total loss from smoke, heat and water damage.
The second house fire, at 521 West Hemlock, started Sunday at about 4:10 p.m. in the kitchen area of the home, where an older-style water heater was determined to be the origin.
Davalos said no one was home at the time of the fire, and, again, the home was considered a total loss from smoke, heat and water damage.
And an internal electrical issue appeared to be the cause of a Union Pacific freight train fire Sunday at about 9:45 p.m.
The train fire was located north of I-10 near the Highway 418 frontage road.