The report said that an unattended charcoal grill was being blamed for the total loss of a home, two vehicles and a motorhome, and the death of a dog.
The good news – reported to us by the homeowner – is that while the home was a total loss, the vehicles, motorhome and especially the dog were spared from the fire.
The fire took place in the 13000 block of Solano Road Southeast at about 7 p.m. on Sunday, June 12th.
The homeowner said that while losing their home was hard, they were very grateful to get out unharmed with their pets.
The radio station received misinformation about the extent of the fire, and we regret the error.