"Luna Star Dance is proud to present their annual recital: 'The Day the Crayons Came Home', based on the popular children's book.
Come and be entertained by dancing crayons of all ages!
The show is April 15, 7:00 p.m. at the Deming Public Schools auditorium.
Admission is $5 a ticket.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (575) 636-0272."
First Christian Church Ladies Council
Saturday April 9, 2016
8AM until 2PM
Clothes, books, house wares, tools, electronics, baked goods
112 W Maple
Deming, NM 88030
FOR THE VISITOR CENTER MANAGER
DEMING VISITOR CENTER
The Visitor Center Manager is a full-time, year-round position and is responsible for creating a sense of welcome and hospitality in the Deming Visitor Center. Duties include daily operations and the training and managing of the volunteer Visitor Center staff. He/She is also responsible for responding to in-person, online and telephone visitor inquiries.
The Visitor Center Manager is supervised by the Executive Director of the Chamber/MainStreet Program and is otherwise employed under the guidelines set forth in the Visitor Center Policies and Procedures Manual. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties and the Visitor Center Manager may be required to perform other functions as directed by the Executive Director of the Deming Chamber of Commerce/MainStreet Program.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS
- Creatively and actively promote Deming attractions to Visitors
- Display members’ information in neat and orderly manner and contact the
appropriate member to provide additional materials when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of visitor center and public restrooms
- Directly supervise volunteers including training and shift scheduling
- Work with Executive Director to resolve visitor complaints or problems
- Respond to all visitor information inquiries
- Print and mail inquiry requests in a timely manner
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to the appropriate staff person(s).
- Process the outgoing mail and bulk mailings as needed
- Provide bulk mail processing information and assistance to members
- Coordinate the preparation of convention packets and keep records of each
Community Events & Meetings Calendars
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, compile and maintain data on
community events and maintain/update event calendar on website
- Inventory and purchase office supplies
- Maintain and order supplies for copier and postage machine (if applicable)
Assist With Events and Registration
- Work with joint organizations before and during events and activities
- Be available as needed to assist other staff members in the completion of
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the various committees and
activities of the Chamber and MainStreet Program
- Encouraged to be actively involved in the Deming community
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be available on Saturday’s and some weekends to assist during events
- Demonstrable strong knowledge of the City of Deming and surrounding areas
- Proven experience handling financial transactions
- Demonstrable experience providing strong customer service and
- Ability train and manage volunteer staff
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, websites, and social media tools such
as Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to work with Executive Director on developing new marketing and promotion
opportunities for businesses, MainStreet and Chamber activities and events
- Must be able to physically stand for long periods of time, negotiate stairs
and lift and carry boxes up to 25 lbs.
Preferred but not necessary:
- AA/BA/BS in business, marketing, public relations or communications
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience
- Previous Chamber of Commerce experience
TO APPLY: email cover letter and resume by March 29, 2016 to: email@example.com
Post Your Hometown Happenings Here
There are so many of great community events happening. Share them with us here - please keep a couple of rules in mind: Please be sure to give all your details, email contact and list your website to link to if you have one. Organizations that disclose there is a charge to gain entry to their event may be required to present proof of their non-profit status (501C3 form). Airtime is limited and there is no guarantee that public service announcements will run on the radio.
Remember to submit your information early. (2-3 weeks in advance)
Demingradio.com does not necessarily endorse all activities posted.